Yucca root (a.k.a. cassava) is a gluten-free nutritional powerhouse of a root-vegetable!
You can read it’s benefits below while you snack on these crunchy yuca chips!
Remove the outer peel
Slice into thin rounds
Toss in olive oil
Sprinkle with dried onion, dried garlic, black and white sesame seeds and salt
Bake at 400 degrees until crispy (10-20 minutes)
Drain on a paper towel and devour!
Ok... now keep reading why they’re so good for you 😉
1) Potassium, crucial for optimal cellular function, maintaining lean muscle mass and high energy levels.
2) B-Vitamins (except B12,) essential for converting proteins, carbs and fats into energy.
3) Resveratrol, an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant compound that protects your body from damage caused by free radicals.
4) Vitamin C, for collagen formation to keep joints healthy and immune system strong.
5) Choline, which aids in brain function.
6) Magnesium, helping you to relax.
7) Vitamin C, helping to heal injuries and boost your immune system.
PS Cassava flour is a great gluten-free alternative to regular flour